First and foremost its vital that you communicate regularly with your lender and understand all of your options. Whether you’re about to have your house sold at auction, foreclosure is in sight, or you’ve missed your first payment or possibly second payment, you may still have a good chance of saving your home and avoid the foreclosure nightmare. Also, if you are current and in good standing today with your monthly payments but recognize the coming months may get financially too tight, then be prepared and act now! Let’s review a handful of options, highlighting the positives and possible negatives of each process. Which avenue is best for you during your hardship?
– Loan Modification: This method of getting back on track with your home loan is most often the best route when the hardship you’re facing is temporary. There should be no damage to your credit history and you can stay in your home happily. Some solutions include; minor adjustments by deferring your past due amount to the end of the loan or reducing the payment for the next few months/lowering your interest rate. A loan modification occurs where all parties involved with a problem loan mutually agree to create a new and better loan. The loan modification should concur previous financial issues, ensuring new obligations are met seamlessly. However, modifying your home loan is not as easy as it sounds, especially attempting to mange it on your own. Contacting, communicating and working with the proper individuals with in your Lender’s organization can be frustrating and simply inefficient. I suggest working with a seasoned professional to help expedite the process. Your best bet is to retain a professional, experienced mortgage attorney and/or legitimate, credible law firm experienced with a history of loan modification successes. Banks do not want to foreclose on your property. They would rather continue collecting your money than take over your property, especially with the current high volume of foreclosures nationwide.
However, if your credit is severely damaged your lender may not approve the modification in fear that the new proposed terms will not be met successfully. Monthly payments may still be a bit high as you are keeping your entire mortgage balance plus the total default amount.
– Refinance: If your hardship is due to your current tight financial situation amplified by your adjustable rate mortgage that’s inflating your monthly payments, you may still be able to refinance into a fixed-rate loan. However, if you are already late on payments and your credit history has gone down hill, this option may be unavailable. Work with a trusted source or loss mitigation specialist to review and dictate your possibilities. They should be able to give you a clear answer as to whether this is possible without charging you any fees. There are of course normal charges and fees if you pursue and successfully refinance and your credit will stay in tact.
Keep in mind, refinancing is most likely not available if your credit is already severely damaged. There must be a certain percentage of equity (the amount you owe on the loan is less than what the property is worth and the positive difference is your equity) and the monthly payments may still be somewhat high.
– Home Sale: If the amount you owe on your property is less than or equal to the current market value of the property, selling your home may be a good option because you will be able to pay off the mortgage in one lump sum. But in today’s real estate market this option is rarely the case. As you probably know, home prices have decreased nationwide, the job market has pinched people out of work and new prosperous jobs are tough to come by. Most people in mortgage trouble today are faced with the problem of owing more on their property than it’s worth. If you are in a position to sell your home and pay off the mortgage in full, then you do not need a loss mitigator and should contact your local, trusted Realtor.
– Short Refinance: A Short Refinance, also known as a short payoff, is a transaction where the lender agrees to accept less than the full amount owed on the entire mortgage. Instead of the property being sold, it is refinanced with a new bank or lender. The short refinance allows the homeowner to retain ownership of the property, while at the same time avoiding a foreclosure or possible bankruptcy. If you want to keep your home, but don’t have enough equity to get into a foreclosure bailout loan, a short refinance is your answer. By negotiating a short refinance with your current lender, you can obtain a payoff of less than the full amount owed, and refinance your home with a new lender. At this lower payoff amount, you are then able to have a mortgage you can afford. This option may not be available to you if you are severely past due on your mortgage or have severely damaged credit.
Again, with a successful short refinance the entire debt is wiped away and the backs will not and can not go after you for the difference. I suggest working with a loss mitigation company who will manage and negotiate on your behalf. You should have no out-of-pocket expense because they will work all fees into your new loan. There should be minimal damage to your credit.
– Short Sale: Are you behind on your mortgage, or unable to work with and negotiate new terms with your current lender, or concerned about your home foreclosing and therefore damaging your credit? If you fall into any of the above categories then the short sale option may be the best avenue for you. In such an event the lender agrees to forgive the financial portion of the mortgage payoff that is not covered by the sale price. In return, the borrower does all the legwork associated with the listing and selling of the real estate. Here is an example of the short sale process:
– You owe $350,000 on your home and are unable to make your minimum monthly payment, and your financial situation in the coming months doesn’t look to get any better.
– You’ve fallen behind on your monthly mortgage payment and are entering into the pre-foreclosure period.
– At this point FIND AN EXPERIENCED REAL ESTATE AGENT WHO HAS DONE A SHORT SALE BEFORE and has a successful track record. Your real estate agent will be able to deal and negotiate with the mortgage company on your behalf. An experienced short sale agent will give you a much better chance of successfully short selling your home.
– The property can then be listed with stipulation that the sale is pending third party approval.
– Interested buyers make offers that are submitted to you and your agent. If agreeable, offers are sent to the bank for approval. In this scenario, an offer may come in at $300,000. You submit this offer to your lender, requesting forgiveness of the outstanding $50,000.
If successful, the banks will report this on your credit history as ‘Settled For Less Than Owed.’ This is a negative mark on your credit score but is nothing close to a bankruptcy or foreclosure.
– Deed in Lieu of Foreclosure: This is the last resort when faced with a possible foreclosure. It means simply giving away the deed to the bank in exchange for them not pursuing a foreclosure action against you. This does significant damage to your credit score, but is still better than a full foreclosure. You will avoid “foreclosure” on your credit and the bank will not pursue you for the outstanding balance on the loan. This option is only available if the house has been on the market for 6 months with no buyer and if the foreclosure sale date hasn’t been set yet.
– Bankruptcy: This is the final alternative to foreclosure. This can be a costly process and tough to successfully accomplish since your hardship already has you in a financial bind. There are two basic options available to consumers under the bankruptcy laws: chapter 7 and chapter 13.
The major benefit of a chapter 7 is to get rid of unsecured debt such as credit cards and medical bills. You will be allowed to keep certain kinds of property under the exemptions allowed by federal and/or state laws. The definition of “exempt property” differs in each state and usually includes your home, car, clothing, furniture, household appliances, and tools of your trade — each to a certain dollar amount.
While a chapter 7 bankruptcy is appropriate under the right circumstances, its use is limited in comparison to a chapter 13. A chapter 13 can be used to protect “unexempt property.” In a chapter 13, you pay a portion of your monthly income to a trustee for distribution to your creditors. A repayment plan is useful when you are behind on your home mortgage payments, taxes, or a car loan. A chapter 13 may be in effect from three to five years. It normally allows you to pay less than you owe. The extended payment period allows you to make smaller payments. You will be allowed to keep part of your monthly income to pay for living expenses like food, clothing, rent/mortgage, and medicine.
To qualify for a chapter 13 repayment plan, you must have regular income, and your unsecured debts must not exceed $250,000. If your unsecured debts exceed $250,000, you may be able to qualify for a repayment plan under chapter 11. Proceedings under chapter 11 are much more complicated and expensive (but not more powerful) than those available under chapter 13.
Becoming a lawyer is among the most fashionable course of study nowadays and with really fine reason. In the present time, in that respect, are several characters of practicing law are publicized regularly. Criminal justice law is in much demand in real time more than ever. Modifications to real estate and property laws in the past 50 years approximately have brought in property attorneys marketable to a critical level. Divorce attorneys, for marital separations, experience a plenty of wreak delegate their direction. And so let alone there follows the culture of litigating for insurance policy takes which we altogether exist in personifies the reason behind a bunch of the financial obligation and physical injury business law firm survive. With so a great deal of opportunities and businesses active around at some given period sooner or later, there is no doubt why a respectable percentage of scholars prefer to encourage successful the domain of law. Nonetheless, not every last of them has the chance.
That had better really show they were not able to find the opportunity in the beginning when cyberspace education was contrived. Legal philosophy is an exceedingly best-selling field of study and is tendered through a swollen percentage from the internet schools, universities and colleges out in that location at the moment. Steady cyberspace colleges feature a modified count of posts all semester and on that point are generally really a couple to reserve. Really some folks quit either, for they are indeed esteemed and a person will call for a law academic degree to pass into a business firm later upon graduation. You must therefore make certain that your schooling is every bit a good deal amusing as achievable because you will live wedged on it for a couple of years!
Equally a requirement, you must look into each alternative prior to tying one particular internet law curriculum. The array of classes online websites will be dumbfounding. It will shortly be discovered clear-cut deviation between the subject and structure of single course with some other. No dual courses are analogous; therefore it is not wise to settle with one prior to contemplating the rest.
Still, it is not merely course subject matter which you must check up on. In law schools, respectability is what matters. It chronicles as overwhelming more than previous results, and this implements to the school you enrolled at also. It will seldom cause a conflict if you schooled online. Simply when you do not attend a commissioned school and who does not bear superior law student prospects carries heavily on your chances.
When you have searched into the reputation of cyberspace schools for law that’s when you can finalize your list down. Yet, it is not virtually sufficient to establish a decision on that aspect entirely. It is wise to recognize what their classes are targeted at. A few specialize in a definite law practice, age bracket or societal grouping. Others could simply provide courses fashioned to feed those who have hit the books on law already to further their career promotion. Whereas, other sites shall admit individuals without prior knowledge of the law, school them to the fullest degree. Create a brief list of the ones which proposes the sort of education you necessitate and equate them to your list of prestigious internet classes. This will appropriate you with some possible schools tallying them simpler to determine from that point onwards. This entire procedure involve months of inquiry and careful planning, Yet, it will be meriting for your career ultimately. You must use up time and gain the drive.
If you made up your mind to consider law through the internet university, then you have induced a colossal step towards shifting the rest of your career. This may entirely be a beneficial thing. Remember, all good things come to those who wait! If you invest in the feat to uncovering the finest feasible school and curriculum for you then things will fall into place. When executing study online personify your top-grade performance always.
A great instructor, no matter what level the audience of students, commands respect, without demanding it. He or she exemplifies certain traits that quietly command this respect and allow students to feel safe and successful in the learning environment.
As one who has been involved in the field of education at all levels for most of my life, I have formed the opinion that a great instructor should have the following traits:
Competence The instructor must have knowledge of the subject matter. The instructor serves as a guide to facilitate learning of the subject. This does not mean that the instructor must have complete knowledge of the subject, but must know enough to guide the learners to find the answers.
Character Instructors should set the standard and the example for the learners to follow. Combined with Competence, Character helps to establish ones Credibility. As an instructor, this is hugely important. If one has high credibility in the eyes of the learner, the learner will want to learn from this instructor.
Confident Communication Not only should the subject matter be presented in a clear, concise, & confident manner, the instructor should keep the lines of communication open with learners to be approachable & available even when formal instruction or facilitation is not taking place. At the onset of formal classroom instruction, the instructor should set the tone by confidently communicating the accepted learning environment behaviors. This allows listeners to do their best learning, secure that the learning environment (and their efforts) is respected..
Caring The instructor must truly care about the learning process and about the learners as individuals. This should be evident to the learners, to increase their desire to learn. Seriously, taking interest in and caring about the learners as people, showing simple caring can indeed go a long way. In an email from a student, appreciation was expressed at my understanding and concern when she lost a loved one. This student went on to successfully completing her college semester, despite going through a personal tragedy, simply because she knew she was being supported. It does not take much to express caring. A kind word and a willingness to listen can truly do a world of good. They can also guide someone to success.
These are what I call the 4 Cs of Education, Training, & Development. Competence, Character, Confident Communication, and Caring are the traits of a great instructor. These traits will assist the instructor, trainer, facilitator, or experiential guide in assisting learners at all levels to achieve their positive outcomes.
In a recent survey, it was found that the number of application for private student loans has increased abruptly. One of the chief reasons for this is the positive growth of financial market, sound opportunities has compelled the private students to take a keen interest on higher education. As these loans assist the applicants to cover all the necessary expenses at very feasible terms and conditions in lieu of a great career, the demand for these loans has shot upwards.
These loans are designed to take care of all the essential expenses for the education. Right from paying the admission fees, tuition fees, purchasing study material, personal expenses and so on. Before applying for the loans, you must assess the exact amount required for the entire duration of course. It will help you determine the exact amount you may need to obtain under these loans.
Generally these loans are designed keeping in mind your financial condition and prevailing circumstances. The rate of interest is very reasonable. With a number of lenders offering the same loans, the interest rates are bound to vary. If you undertake a proper research, you can pick up lenders offering these loans at comparatively low rates. The repayment term too is quite flexible in nature.
There are certain aspects which you must consider while applying for the loans. To avail these loans, you need to produce a co signer. Your recent credit report is also required for the same. Some lenders such as credit unions offer these loans only if you pledge any asset as collateral. You also have the option of paying the interest during the initial period. In case you pay the interest rates, it will definitely reduce the amount which you need to pay back after the completion of course.
Usually the repayment term for the loans last for a period of 10 years. But if the availed amount is a bit large, then you can extend the repayment duration.
Private student loans are offered by most of the prominent lenders. Before taking up any loan, you should understand the terms and conditions. Compare the rate quotes to obtain a better deal on the loans. So with these loans, get set for a great career without compromising on the finances.
An annuity is a contract sold by insurance companies that pays a monthly (or quarterly, semiannual, or annual) income benefit for the life of a person (the annuitant), for the lives of two or more persons, or for a specified period of time. The annuitant can never outlive the income from the annuity. While the basic purpose of life insurance is to provide an income for a beneficiary at the death of the insured, the annuity is intended to provide an income for life for the annuitant. There are variations in both the way that payments are made by a buyer during the accumulation period, and in the way payments are made to the annuitant during the liquidation period.
An annuity may be bought by means of installments, with benefits scheduled to begin at a specified age such as 65; or, it may be bought by means of a single lump sum, with benefits scheduled to begin immediately or at a later date. No physical examination is required.” (Dictionary of Insurance Terms, Third Edition)
Simply put, an annuity is defined as a policy contract that agrees to pay the insured a regular income over a specified number of years. Often called “life insurance in reverse” because while life insurance protects against loss by premature death. Annuities, on the other hand, protect against “living too long.” However, most annuities have some sort of death benefit. By assuring continued payments for a specified or unlimited number of years, annuities guarantee that the insured will not deplete his or her source of income.
The time period over which the insurance company promises to provide income varies by type of contract is logically called the Annuity Period. The contract may specify an exact number of years or the individual’s lifetime (an unspecified number).
The person who purchases the annuity is the owner. The person who received payments from the annuity is the annuitant. The annuitant may or may not be the contract owner.
Annuities may be written on an individual, joint or group basis. The most common is the individual annuity that is usually purchased for retirement purposes. The “Joint and Survivor” annuity is also a common form for married persons. With this type of annuity, there are two persons insured and payments are guaranteed to continue to the surviving spouse upon the other’s death. Annuity payments can be either the same or different amount, usually designated as a percentage of the original amount (discussed in more detail later). Group annuities are generally part of a group pension or similar employee benefit plan.
Education is essential for every human being. We cannot survive in this world without education. It is in the best interest of the governments of every nation to ensure that at least basic education is provided to all their citizens.
There are several socio-economic reasons that lead many people to discontinue their studies when they are young. Most of them may have had burning desires to continue their education further, but their commitments to their families or their economic status may have been a hindrance to their continuing their studies.
Many of these adults who were dropouts from the schools in their childhood yearn to continue their education at a later and more convenient time. This has lead to the development of several adult education programs worldwide. These adult education programs come as a boon to those adults looking to complete what education they’ve left incomplete.
When the government started these adult education programs, initially there was not a lot of response to such programs from most people. They were very reluctant to join such programs.
Though many of them wanted to make an attempt, they were not sure whether they could pick up their educational threads at that age. The governments had to take a lot of steps to encourage people to join.
There is a saying that is very popular, and can apply to many different situations: “better late than never.” Many adults have realized the importance and necessity of education and have come forward to enroll themselves in the many adult education programs available. They consider it a privilege to be able to educate themselves, even at an advanced stage of their lives.
These educational programs are organized by both government as well as voluntary institutions. Adult education programs not only provide basic
Adults can pursue their careers and enroll themselves in these programs simultaneously. This is made possible with the availability of online programs.
The people are provided with coursework that deals with politics, spirituality, self development, and other things. Adults usually tend to find these programs useful and interesting. They normally end up urging their relatives and friends to join these programs.
FAFSA is the Free Application For Federal Student Aid. Being well prepared for your FAFSA application will help save you time, ease your frustration and help you succeed with a smooth application process. Here are some important tips help you prepare for your FAFSA application.
1) Download a Free Guide
There is a lot of useful information online to assist you when doing a FAFSA. Use a free guide to get Step by Step Instructions on FAFSA, grants and other financial aid. The government Dept. of Education website is a useful resource with lots of information on student aid too.
2) Check your Eligibility for Aid
You can determine the eligibility by visiting the Government’s Federal Student Aid Eligibility FAQ.
3) Get Your Document’s In Order
This is very important. Having all your required documents handy before you begin the application will definitely ease the application process. You will need your driver’s license, tax returns, Social Security Number, bank statements and investment records or any other documents you know you will need.
4) Print out the FAFSA Worksheet.
Get your FAFSA worksheet.
5) Get your FAFSA PIN (Personal Identification Number)
The most effective way to sign your FAFSA is to get your FAFSA PIN (Personal Identification Number) and sign electronically with this PIN. Alternatively, you can mail in the signature page.
6) Sign Electronically
You will speed up the process by signing your FAFSA electronically with your PIN and your parents can sign electronically too.
7) Do Not be Late!
Apply For your FAFSA Early!
Federal and State deadlines may differ. Be sure to review the federal and state deadlines for your application. Late applications will not be processed and by applying early you give yourself the time to complete any changes or requests for further information prior to the FAFSA deadlines.
Education is a primary requirement for a person to be successful in life. There are many students who pursue vocational courses that offer them a number of lucrative job opportunities. Career and vocational education is designed to develop the basic skills required to perform jobs, mainly in technical fields.
Every year, thousands of aspiring students enroll in various career colleges, also known as technical or vocational schools. A career college is a private or public institution that offers a variety of certifications and degrees in career-specific options. A student can earn a certificate, diploma or a degree, depending on the career and the college that is selected.
Some career colleges offer education in a few, select vocation related fields, while others provide numerous career-oriented subjects. Some of the most popular subjects and careers include accounting, business administration, cosmetology, hotel or restaurant management, nursing information technology and fashion designing. The courses are conducted by trained professionals or industry experts and help the graduates to excel in specific, chosen vocations.
Students who have completed their high school or graduation can seek guidance from professional advisors of career education forums. Students are introduced to a variety of career options and imbibe the skills and education required in fields, such as culinary arts, dental assistance, heating and air conditioning, refrigeration, plumbing, hotel and restaurant management and real estate.
There are career education centers that provide the resources, such as pamphlets, audiovisuals, electronic databases, software and periodicals. This helps the students in dealing with job search strategies, resumes, letter writing and academic test preparations. The centers conduct pre-employment tests to determine a candidate’s skill and personality, to analyze whether he could perform in a particular environment. There are many sites on career education that
The following information is from the Oklahoma Board of Nursing Task Force, that investigated the pass and fail rate of nursing students that have taken the NCLEX. The scores for the state of Oklahoma were lower than most of the states in the Union, prompting the formation of a task force and investigation of possible reasons for the low scores. What all perspective nursing students can gain from this report is how crucial it is to sit for the boards as soon as possible after graduation and to take advantage of all the help available in preparing for the NCLEX. The nurses efforts in putting this wealth of knowledge together has been a monumental task and all nursing schools across the country are grateful for the information that they have been able to provide after many long hours of research.
*Summary of Information from Pass Rate Reports *
In reports submitted by nursing education programs with NCLEX pass rates ten percentage points or more below the national average, the following commonalities were noted:
o Some programs do not regularly use accessible sources of data to evaluate the correlation between admission scores, grade point average, NCLEX predictor examination scores, and NCLEX pass rate. This impacts the ability of the program to make informed decisions about changes likely to result in an improvement of their NCLEX pass rate.
o Many programs have only recently begun the use of NCLEX predictor examinations as a requirement of the program. Data on the efficacy of these examinations and on appropriate follow-up plans is limited.
o Grade inflation is a factor leading to a low NCLEX pass rate in some nursing education programs, particularly in programs that allow significant point credit in theory courses for attendance, participation, and completion of assignments.
o Some programs do not identify minimum academic requirements for admission to the program. Instead, a point system may be used to select those who are deemed to be better qualified. While the use of point systems in admission decisions may be appropriate, point systems fail when applicant numbers drop. In cases in which there is a small applicant pool, identifying minimum academic requirements (such as minimum scores on standardized pre-entrance examinations) may be necessary to ensure that students admitted have a reasonable chance of success in the program and on the NCLEX examination.
o Student characteristics identified by programs as leading to NCLEX failure include a high number of work hours, family commitments, English as a second language, and low admission points.
o In some cases, problems within the program, such as resignation of the program director, faculty turnover, inexperienced faculty, lack of knowledge regarding the NCLEX examination and/or test development, and increased use of adjunct faculty were noted as having an impact on the NCLEX pass rate.
Nursing education programs tend to take similar actions to address NCLEX pass rate concerns. Actions commonly taken by programs include:
o Initiating the use of an NCLEX predictor examination as a requirement in the program
o Requiring students to complete NCLEX review, tutoring, or other actions if the predictor examination score is low
o Increasing the minimum passing grade
o Providing faculty education in the areas of the NCLEX examination and test development skills
o Changing or increasing admission requirements
*Results of Survey of Nursing Education Programs *
In December 2002, a survey was sent to all state nursing education programs to identify the directors’ perceptions of factors impacting the NCLEX pass rate and the actions taken by programs to address pass rate. Based on the data obtained from 50 respondents (an 86.2% return rate), the task force noted the following:
The majority of programs have minimum academic requirements for admission; generally based on minimum scores on standardized assessment tests and/or a minimum required grade point average on high school or college courses.
The minimum grade average to earn a “C” in nursing courses tends to be higher than the parent institution’s requirement. The majority of respondents require at least a 75% average to pass nursing courses.
Most respondents allow students who fail a course to repeat the course one time, and almost half only allow students to repeat one course in the program. Respondents with a pass rate at or above the national average were slightly more likely to allow students to repeat a course only once and to repeat only one course in the program. A higher number of respondents with a pass rate below the national average had no limit on the number of courses that could be repeated.
Most respondents have established a written policy to identify students at risk for failure in the program or on the NCLEX. The indicators most commonly used are scores earned on nationally-normed examinations designed to predict NCLEX success, grades earned in nursing courses, and repeats of nursing courses. Once the student has been identified as at-risk, the majority of respondents will notify the student and require the student to meet with a faculty advisor at least once.
Nearly all respondents report using a standardized NCLEX predictor examination, but only 34.8% require students to earn a certain score on the exam as a requirement for course completion or graduation.
Student and graduate issues most often identified as negatively impacting pass rate are the number of hours of employment, a limited number of hours spent studying, more family responsibilities, being less academically qualified, and an inadequate amount of time spent preparing for the NCLEX. Respondents with a pass rate below the national average were more likely to note that students spend less time studying.
No single faculty/program issue was identified by the majority of programs as having a negative impact on the pass rate. Increased faculty turnover was selected most often as a negative factor. Respondents with an NCLEX pass rate below the national average were more likely to identify that administration has pressured the program to maintain capacity enrollment and that faculty spend inadequate time evaluating NCLEX result data and planning program changes based on the data.
The majority of respondents believe that their administrations have been supportive of maintaining high academic standards.
– Most respondents report that faculty have received training on test development and instructional techniques.
*Recommendations for the Oklahoma Board of Nursing *
1. Clearly articulate and enforce regulations requiring programs to use a systematic program evaluation process to analyze student outcomes on the NCLEX examination and develop appropriate actions based on the analysis.
2. Continue to evaluate full-time faculty to student ratios in the classroom and clinical area to determine the relationship between such ratios and student outcomes.
3. Ensure that pass rate reports include a thorough analysis of student and program factors impacting success on the NCLEX exam.
4. Hold nursing education programs accountable for their NCLEX pass rates. Utilize focus survey visits, warnings and conditional approval status when there is evidence of continued low pass rate and failure to meet educational standards.
5. Develop a mechanism to communicate and encourage the use of best practices that promote NCLEX success.
6. Utilize the annual report for ongoing evaluation of factors influencing each program’s NCLEX results.
7. Provide opportunities for faculty development related to the NCLEX examination and curricular resource sharing.
8. Require that every program whose pass rate is below the standard provide a pass rate report to the Board, regardless of its size.
9. Institute regulations requiring the NCLEX candidate (excluding foreign-educated and other endorsement candidates required to take the exam) to pass the examination within one year of graduation from the program. If the candidate does not take the exam or pass within this time period, the candidate would be required to complete additional education prior to re-testing.
*Recommendations for Nursing Education Programs *
1. Identify requirements for English language proficiency and develop a plan for continued support of students for whom English is a second language.
2. Consider providing part-time program options to allow students to complete their nursing education at a slower pace.
3. Use the systematic program evaluation plan to track the correlation of such factors as admission/ACT scores, high school or college GPA, nursing course GPA, other selected student characteristics, repeats of coursework, scores on NCLEX predictor examinations, with results on NCLEX examination.
4. Perform a cross-analysis of the curriculum with the detailed NCLEX test plan, in order to ensure essential elements are covered adequately.
5. Utilize consultants, including Board staff consultants, as needed in program evaluation and curriculum development.
6. Provide continuing education for faculty members on test development and analysis skills.
7. Assess students for at-risk status upon admission or early in the program. Implement a plan to assist at-risk students with success in the program and on the NCLEX.
8. Develop and publicize scholarship programs in order to facilitate minimal employment during the time the student is in the nursing education program
*Recommendations for Students and NCLEX Candidates *
1. Accept responsibility for own success in the program and on the NCLEX examination and become an active participant in the learning process.
2. Participate in study and test-taking skill workshops early in the program to facilitate the development of such skills.
3. Seek out all available resources to ensure minimum work hours while attending the nursing education program.
4. Join a study group early in the program and ensure that the study group time is used effectively.
5. Use NCLEX review material and study questions throughout the program to increase own familiarity with the NCLEX examination.
6. After graduation, develop a study plan for NCLEX preparation. Use computerized NCLEX practice exams on a regular basis. Practice taking these exams in a campus computer lab to simulate NCLEX testing conditions.
7. Take the NCLEX examination as soon as possible after graduation, as studies show that early completion of the NCLEX increases chances of success.
*Recommendations for Employers *
1. Establish programs that foster success for employees attending nursing education programs. Consider options such as providing full-time benefits for part-time status during the school year, full-time salary for reduced hours, and tuition reimbursement.
2. Encourage new graduates employed as nurse technicians/nursing assistants to adequately prepare for the NCLEX exam, through options such as allowing specified work hours for planned study sessions, reimbursement for review courses, and reimbursement for the examination.
3. Provide special recognition for employees who pass the NCLEX examination, such as restaurant and movie coupons, employee newsletter notice, or other options.
Though the internet is replete with lots of fake universities, if you exercise a little caution you’ll come across genuine schools which offer online or distance education. Caution is what many people have thrown into the wind and what they’re reaping is fake certificate from fake and unscrupulous school which offer online or distance education. You must be different.
Contrary to popular opinion, you can still get genuine online university distance education. Many people are running away from online education because of the many negative report they’ve come across in the dailies or on the web. The following is a non-exhaustive list of institutions where you can get quality online education.
The American InterContinental University
The American InterContinental University Online’s programs allow people like you to earn their degrees while continuing to work full-time. This means you don’t have to leave your work before earning a degree from this unique university.
The University of Phoenix
The University of Phoenix is another world-renowned education online distance university where you can get online university distance education. As an accredited private university, the institution offers tremendous advantages of online education via the Internet.
The Art Institute Online
Another reputable institution is The Art Institute Online, a division of The Art Institute of Pittsburgh. The school offers professional certificate, associate and bachelor degree programs in graphic design, digital design, and interactive media design.
DeVry University Online
If you’re looking for an institution that is reputable for information technology, the DeVry University Online is your sure bet. It offers bachelor degrees in Information Technology, Technical Management, and Business Administration. The school has enough facility to take care of your needs.
Penn Foster Career School
If you want to earn an associate degree or diploma, online or by mail, the Penn Foster Career School should be your choice.
These schools are fully accredited by the relevant authorities. By being accredited, it means they conform to strict rules and regulation of the relevant bodies governing online education. The standards set by these organizations are not easy to attain. Employers believe that anybody having certificates from any of these schools has passed through high standard of education. Hence, accreditation must be your watch word when searching for schools which offer online or distance education. That must be the question any school offering online or distance education must answer.
Not all the schools which offer online or distance education are genuine. You must be careful. Many of them claim to give you free certificates for work not done, classes not attended, assignments not done and so on. This is not acceptable and will negatively affect your career in the long run. Hence, you must look before you leap.
You can conduct more research for reputable online institutions on the web. Make sure you use goggle, the world renowned search engine. It will give you a lot of result that will help you in your search for good and reliable online university distance education.